- • TCL debuts flagship TCL X10 QLED 8K TV, TCL’s first AI-powered QLED 8K TV for European markets
- • TCL joins with other display industry leaders to establish the 8K Association, to support the global development and promote the benefits of 8K resolution for big screen TVs
- • TCL unveils ES56-ES58 Series for Europe, featuring the latest version of Android TV and fine design
- • TCL also launches TCL Entertainment Solutions, to offer audio equipment and sound bars, starting in early 2019
[Las Vegas, January 8, 2019] - TCL, the top three global television brand and leading consumer electronics company, today unveiled its latest AI (Artificial Intelligence) innovations at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. These innovations underscore TCL’s commitment to developing products and solutions that enhance people’s lives.
TCL LAUNCHES ITS LATEST ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI)-POWERED 8K TV
At CES, TCL launched its latest AI-powered 8K TV, the flagship TCL X10 QLED 8K TV. The European launch of TCL’s first QLED 8K Android TV is scheduled for the second half of this year. This new product incorporates TCL’s most advanced QLED display technology and 8K resolution to offer world-class picture quality, while also supporting virtual Dolby Atmos® audio technology to offer premium, home-theater sound performance. It also supports a wide range of smart functions powered by Android TV™ with Google Assistant built in.
“We are seeing demand for bigger screen and premium definition TV products, so we are proud to announce the addition of industry-leading QLED 8K TVs to our AI-powered TV product portfolio,” said Tomson Li, Chairman and CEO of TCL Corporation. “This is part of our continuous drive for innovation and the ongoing delivery of cutting-edge technologies and products to our consumers, which in turn has underpinned our strong global growth in 2018,” he added.
Ensuring TCL stays ahead of the curve when it comes to innovation, the TCL X10 QLED 8K TV includes the following key features:
- • 8K display technology with a resolution of 7,680 x 4,320 pixels (approx.33.2 megapixels), quadrupling the number of pixels of a 4K TV and providing detailed images that are closer to real life in terms of clarity.
- • Quantum Dot technology, which supports Wide Color Gamut (WCG) display, approaching 100% of the DCI-P3 color space coverage.
- • A solution for ultra-contrast control zones, which enables precise backlight control to deliver enhanced, ultra-vivid picture quality.
- • Support for Dolby Vision, which can deliver colors never seen before, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker compared to a standard picture.
- • An integrated, cinema-inspired sound bar with support for virtual Dolby Atmos.
- • Android TV with Google Assistant built in, making it possible to perform over 1 million actions using just voice control.
- • An integrated AI soundbar, allowing the sound system to work independently when the TV is turned off.
- • A slim, elegant design, with one of the thinnest 75-inch direct backlight products in the industry. This is achieved through a revolutionary backlight structure which reduces the optical distance to 4mm. Thanks to a full-view design, viewers can enjoy an enhanced viewing experience with a wider screen.
More specific details about 8K TV models for Europe will be announced at IFA 2019.
TCL CO-FOUNDS 8K ASSOCIATION TO SET STANDARDS AND RAISE AWARENESS OF THE BENEFITS OF 8K RESOLUTION
TCL also announced plans to join with other display industry leaders to create the 8K Association. The Association will define 8K display performance standards and support the promotion of 8K to consumers as well as to industry partners, such as streaming service providers, to catalyze the expected rapid global adoption of 8K as the standard resolution for big-screen TVs.
TCL EXPANDS ITS EXTENSIVE ANDROID TV RANGE WITH NEW ES56-ES58 SERIES, TO BE LAUNCHED IN EUROPE IN Q1 2019
TCL also unveiled the ES56-ES58 Series with Android TV, aimed at the European market and addressing the needs of a young audience sensitive to the latest trends. This range is equipped with Android 8 and advanced AI technologies, such as Google Assistant, which allow users to easily access a wide variety of content thanks to voice control. Available in 32- and 40-inch models, these products also feature Full HD and HDR display technologies to ensure exceptional image quality. At the same time, the slim elegance of their design allows these TV products to blend in harmoniously with all types of interiors.
TCL also unveiled its new artificial intelligence platform: TCL AI-IN. TCL AI-IN will encompass all of TCL’s AI-powered products as well as smart technology partners, including Android TV, Roku (in North America) and Amazon Alexa. With this new, branded platform, TCL is building an intelligent ecosystem that provides consumers with a simple, personalized life experience.
NEW AUDIO PRODUCT OFFERING
At CES, TCL also announced the launch of TCL Entertainment Solutions (TES), which will offer audio equipment (headphones, earphones) and sound bars in the first half of 2019. TCL’s expansion into new product segments underscores the company’s position as a leading international consumer electronics brand.
These audio devices mainly target young people and consumers who follow the latest trends. TCL aims to enhance the quality of the overall listening experience by staying true to three fundamental values: authenticity, efficiency and creativity.
TCL unveiled a range of headphones, from in-ear to over-the-ear styles, across four distinctive lines for consumers who want to be different (SOCL), be themselves (MTRO), be healthy (ACTV), and be excellent (ELIT) while listening to music.
In terms of sound bars, TCL will be launching two new lines: the TS 5 series with convenient setup and great audio performance for 43-inch and larger TVs, as well as the TS 7 series with more connectivity and audio performance for 55-inch and larger TVs, in two form-factors for each series. Both the TS5010 and TS7010 are equipped with a wireless subwoofer, which is the best solution for big-screen home theaters. They are acoustically tuned to reveal the best details whether consumers are listening to music or enjoying movies. Offering a premium audio experience, specialized sound modes, and available wireless subwoofers, TCL’s TS Sound Bars provide precision playback for any TV, as well as music from smartphones, tablets and laptop.
TCL is presenting its full range of products at its stand at CES Las Vegas (Central Hall #12929) from January 8 to 11 2019.
* Product specifications differ in different regions. Product availability varies according to local launch plans. *Google and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC. *Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. About TCL Electronics Headquartered in China, TCL Electronics Technology Holdings Limited (HKSE: 01070) is one of the top-three players in the global TV industry, engaged in the research and development, manufacturing and distribution of consumer electronic products. TCL Electronics is striving to build a comprehensive ecosystem for smart TVs that provides users with a superior experience with its smart products and services.
Amandine (Jiangyue) Wang
Tel: +33 (0)1 78 16 49 45
Tel: +33 (0)1 56 03 12 84
Email: email@example.com / TCL.HUB@yrbrands.com