How does my phone connect to a Wi-Fi network?
Wi-Fi is a wireless networking technology that can provide internet access at distances of up to 100 meters, depending on the Wi-Fi router and your surroundings.
To use Wi-Fi, you need to connect to a wireless access point, or “hotspot”. Some hotspots are open and you can connect to them easily. However, others implement security features which require more steps to set up, like, digital certifications, passwords or other ways to ensure that only authorized users can connect.
Turn on Wi-Fi by following these steps:
1) Touch the “Settings” icon from the Home screen or under the main menu.
2) Touch “Network & connection”.
4) Turn the switch to the “On” position, then the device will scan for available networks and display their names.
*Secured networks are indicated with a lock icon.
*If the device finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it.
5) Touch a network name to see more details or connect to it.
6) Enter a password or other credentials to connect to the network.