About the Company
TCL Communications, Inc. (TCT), with its North American headquarters based in Irvine, California, is a subsidiary of TCL Corporation, a global consumer electronics brand with products currently sold in over 160 countries. A leader in mobile phones, TCT’s product portfolio includes TCL and Alcatel branded devices in the mobile, audio, and networking categories.
Integrated Communications Strategy
- Executing comprehensive communication plans by working with the Executive team, Account Directors, Product Managers and GTM colleagues.
- Develop campaigns and key messages, vet media opportunities, prepare for interviews and nurture ongoing relationships with key media stakeholders.
- Work closely with the global brand team to implement high-level initiatives and serve as an internal information and communications hub for all products and brand initiatives.
- Develop and manage key materials – announcements, press presentations, press kits, stunt event strategies, etc.
- Drive creativity in communications – lead outcome – based programs that reach and influence audiences in nontraditional ways.
External Communications Management
- Proactively and reactively, strengthen, enhance and protect the company’s image and reputation.
- Draft and distribute press releases and related announcements.
- Lead ongoing crisis preparedness working collaboratively with the executive team across the company to ensure that an integrated and up-to-date plan is ready for implementation
- Serve as a point person for media contacts, ensuring ongoing relationship management. Develop and foster relationships with key trade and industry media and bloggers via proactive outreach – including face-to-face meetings.
- Play a lead role designing and maintaining the company’s PR functions to address media opportunities on both a proactive and reactive basis.
- Identify research and secure opportunities – such as feature articles, product placement, awards, programs, speaking opportunities designed to extend and support product and strategic marketing conversations.
- Be responsible for reactive media intake and management, ensuring timely response to all inquiries.
- Facilitate media trainings and prepare senior executives for media/analyst readiness with strategic messaging and positioning.
Reporting and Monitoring
- Proactively track/measure success of PR campaigns and initiatives.
- Adjust strategy as needed based on results
- Measure the value of communication delivery methods to ensure that processes are effective and cost efficient and developing methods for reporting on PR activities and achievements within the firm.
- Stay well informed regarding the firm’s major business initiatives, plans and strategies, as well as market trends among competitors and the industry.
- Maintain media databases; disseminating and analyzing news coverage; and tracking program activities
- Other related duties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of consumer electronics PR experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-established consumer and tech press relationships
- Experience coordinating joint PR initiatives with outside companies and vendors
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- An understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
We at TCL look at our entire organization as family, and with that we truly work to emphasize work-life balance by offering flexible schedules to our talent. We also pride ourselves on our ability to provide competitive benefits to improve the quality of life for all employees. Our comprehensive benefits program features:
- A generous PTO plan in which benefits increase with tenure.
- Bonus plan to share in company’s profitability.
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Rx) coverage for you and your family starting on the first of the month following your date of hire.
- A 401K plan with generous matching contributions, available after 90 days of hire
- Financial security for you and your loved ones through Life Insurance, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account plans for medical and dependent care expenses allow you to save for your family’s needs on a pre-tax basis.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement