TCL, one of the fastest-growing electronics brands in America, is looking for a remarkably talented, detail-oriented candidate for the Corporate Affairs Assistant position at the TCL North America headquarters in Corona, CA.
This is an exceptional opportunity to obtain valuable experience and knowledge and establish sought-after credentials in a wide variety of corporate areas. Ideal candidates will have excellent organizational skills and want to learn new skillsets. This position works directly with the company’s VP Corporate & Legal Affairs and provides departmental support including coordinating communications with third-party organizations, researching information, managing and implementing new initiatives, organizing materials, handling special projects, and addressing key issues touching all departments, interacting with the entire company.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the department with problem-solving for crucial issues throughout the Company.
- Interface with staff at all levels with the highest level of professionalism.
- Conduct research on a variety of topics and provide information quickly and efficiently.
- Assist VP with advancing and tracking the progress of various projects and initiatives, including record keeping and spreadsheet creation, and compiling data for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Assist with retailer and consumer liability issues escalated from various departments.
- Writing corporate letters responding quickly to certain issues, and obtaining information from corporate documents.
- Support the department for meetings, conferences, and trade shows when applicable.
Ideal candidates will:
- Possess the ability to write and communicate at a high level, can quickly write letters, e-mails, and other communications for a variety of situations.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently and with other people.
- Be an effective communicator, be diplomatic, and be able to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Pay significant attention to detail and review completed work and communications to eliminate spelling and grammatical errors.
- Have the ability to recognize important situations and quickly prioritize them.
- Be able to manage special projects and utilize effective time management.
- Be a motivated self-starter with exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Have a pre-disposition for asking questions prior to commencing work.
- Have the ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both internally with employees and externally with third-parties, in-person and using telephone and e-mail.
- Have a penchant for learning and always being smarter at the end of each day.
- Be able to receive and apply constructive advice for improvement.
- Value discretion and confidentiality in all circumstances.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), familiarity with computers, and typing capability.
- The ability to competently and efficiently write e-mails, notes, memos, and other communications.
- Proven capability to work independently is essential.
- Strong English language communication skills, with an understanding of cross-cultural issues and an ability to tailor communication depending upon the recipient’s language abilities.
- Robust organizational skills and significant attention to detail in all areas.
- Ability to conduct quick research, master topics of information, break the information down, and communicate that information.