As a member of the Customer Advocacy team, we have the ability to directly impact TCL’s brand perception. Members also have empowerment to develop tools, processes, and support strategies to improve our support and service experience. Our role gives us the opportunity to explore, develop knowledge of, and influence the implementation of cutting-edge TCL technologies.
An ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment and has a background in leading content and information architecture strategy across an organization. As a Knowledge Manager, you will define the content/knowledge management strategy and lead the content architecture and strategy. The role will focus on developing, auditing, and maintaining high quality content for employees and partner vendors. The knowledge manager's primary responsibilities are to improve existing knowledge management consumption and effectiveness through KB updates, training enhancements and contact center quality control. The position requires bridging the gap between technical and non-technical audiences and being a highly effective communicator at all levels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining the knowledge management strategy for TCL’s knowledge base and maintain high quality, up-to-date, and searchable content for audiences of varying skill levels.
- Implement a knowledge management philosophy based on KCS principles with the goal of improving TCL’s customer experience.
- Work closely with key stakeholders (such as SMEs, Product Development, Software and Hardware Teams) across the company to maintain consistency at a global scale and align the content strategy with their vision.
- Learn usage and troubleshooting of TCL products to effectively create content
- Evaluate business impact, track the usage on all the instances, and define efficiency of the knowledge base and training content. Analyze multiple data sources to identify opportunities to improve content, systems, consumption, and training.
- Work effectively across the organization with stakeholders, change management, service teams, trainers, curriculum developers, and subject matter experts to develop and support new and existing processes.
- Establish writing guidelines based on knowledge base best practices and develop the team to ensure they are achieving or surpassing them.
- Lead all training programs for contact centers and service providers. Provide support and train-the-trainer sessions for internal teams and partner vendors for all of TCL’s product categories.
- Partner with cross functional teams to identify areas of opportunity. Collaborate with the contact centers Training and Quality Assurance Teams to ensure we are aligned with the level and quality of support agents are providing.
- Lead the deployment and implementation on new TCL support programs and processes to all teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experiences:
- Encourage a culture of knowledge-sharing and collaborative workflow among departments and project teams
- Ensure that stakeholders know the knowledge management processes and that the right knowledge goes to the right people
- Leverage analytics to evaluate business impact, track the usage, define the efficiency of the knowledge base content, and report findings/recommendations to stakeholders
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of authors from each department to follow established guidelines and implement the right way to spread information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills with an ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is a must
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Organizational and management skills; ability to efficiently manage a variety of multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of Knowledge Manager experience
- 5+ years communications and content creation experience preferably within the consumer electronics field
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills to acquire the trust of business partners and leaders
- Experience interfacing with, and managing to, senior management
- Strong editorial, proofreading, and writing skills
- Basic understanding of SEO copywriting and best practices
- Knowledgeable and experience with Google Analytics
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to produce high-quality work
- Experience using office software, calendaring software, and preferably project management tools
- Competency with all MS Office applications
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Local Candidates only