The TCL North America Regulatory Compliance Manager reporting to the Vice President of Corporate & Legal Affairs, will manage the day-to-day responsibilities for ensuring the company’s consumer electronics products and its packaging are fully compliant with certain United States and Canadian rules and regulations.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with each product line’s product managers, factories, and across multiple departments to ensure new and existing products and packaging are compliant with current and future regulations in areas that include but are not limited to chemical compliance, product safety, product labeling, social compliance, recycled and recyclable materials, and others;
- Monitor new, pending, and proposed legislation as well as EPA regulations;
- Monitor industry working groups and member organizations to keep the company informed of new and proposed laws, regulations, and industry issues;
- Be a reliable resource for a defined set of compliance categories to assist with the manufacturing of a variety of consumer electronics products at worldwide factories;
- Manage processes to enable social compliance factory and corporate auditing by third-party organizations;
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate regulatory information and directives, including from the EPA and other federal and state agencies in the United States and Canada for products and packaging;
- Create internal corporate documentation including policy and procurement documents to direct product compliance testing and reports for product and packaging compliance;
- Monitor complex regulatory information and/or laws and regulations and communicate the information in a manner that can be clearly understood by a range of departments and individuals including engineers, product managers, and marketing and sales managers;
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records, invoices, and costs, and prepare periodic and annual budgets; and
- Build comprehensive PowerPoint presentations and other reports covering ongoing activities and information.
- Experience working in corporate and product compliance and/or in regulatory compliance;
- Knowledge and experience with consumer electronics products, retailers, and the consumer electronics industry;
- Familiarity with smart televisions, connected home products and applications, home appliances, and product packaging;
- Experience within the consumer electronics industry, product manufacturing processes and manufacturer responsibilities, and related information;
- Experience working within medium or large-size corporations;
- Experience formulating and facilitating policies across multiple departments;
- Ability to act as a base of information for questions across an organization;
- Understanding of the interaction between sustainability, regulatory, and legal issues;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to write documents and e-mails with attention to detail.