Everyone loves watching their favorite shows and movies, but with cable TV and streaming services, it can be hard to keep up with all of your favorites. That's where recording comes in. By setting a recording on your TCL TV, you can record everything from every channel you like and then watch it whenever you want!
Use a digital recorder connected to your TCL TV
If your TCL TV is connected to a digital recorder, the process for recording shows is quite simple.
- Connect the digital recorder to your TCL TV using an HDMI cable.
- Use the remote control on the digital recorder to navigate to "Setup," and then select "Timer Setup."
- Set up a timer that records only when you are watching a show or channel on your TCL TV (this will help save space on your drive). You can also set up an automatic record time so that it knows what time of day you usually watch certain shows and record them at those times automatically without having to think about it every time—just set it once!
- After setting up this information, close out any screens that pop up by pressing Exit or Back twice until you return to live viewing mode where everything looks normal again (no more prompt boxes). Now make sure that whatever show or channel is playing has started before hitting Start Recording on both devices so they'll align perfectly with each other without causing any delays between actions happening simultaneously during playback later downstream due to being slightly behind schedule right away (because if something goes wrong during setup phase then maybe some parts won't work once everything starts working together properly).
Use a USB key plugged into your TCL TV
You can plug a USB key into your TCL TV and use it to record TV shows. The content on the USB key will be recorded on your TCL TV, so you'll need to remove the USB key before you turn off the power.
- Step 1: Connect the USB key first.
If you have a USB port on your TV, connect the USB key directly to that port. If not, connect it to a USB hub or computer and then plug the computer/USB hub into your TV.
- Step 2: Select a show to record.
Select a show: In order to start recording a show, you'll need to select one. You can do this by clicking on the "Select" button on your screen and scrolling through all of your available shows.
Choose a time: Once you've chosen a show, you'll want to decide when it will be recorded. For example, if you want to record The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11 pm every Thursday night, select 11 pm from the drop-down menu under Start Recording Time (or click directly on that field) and choose "Thursday" from the drop-down menu under Recurrence.
Choose a channel: When setting up DVR functionality for your TCL TV's USB key, there may be more than one option for each channel that is being broadcasted by your local TV provider. If so, click on each channel in turn until an active guide appears in front of you—one that has been populated with all available programming options for that particular network or station.
- Step 3: You can follow the instructions on your TV screen to start and stop recording.
- Press the "TV" button on your remote control and select "Recordings."
- Use the arrow buttons to select "Record to USB Key" and press OK.
- Press OK again to start recording from the beginning of your show or from the point where you last stopped recording.
- Step 4: You can also access and copy the video files by connecting your USB key to a computer or smartphone.
Connect your USB key to the USB port on your TV. Go to Menu > Settings > System > Network > USB Storage Device. Select Copy All Files from the options on the screen. Once you’ve copied your favorite TV shows, you can access them by connecting the USB key to a computer or smartphone.
It's also possible to play back content from the USB key while plugging it into your TCL TV.
Use the “replay” service on your TCL TV
- You can use the “replay” service on your TCL TV to record your favorite TV shows. Follow these steps to record a show:
- Press the "Home" button on your remote control. This will bring up a list of options including "Settings," "Services," and "System."
- Select "Services" from this menu, then select "Replay" from the list of available services that appears.
- Press OK to open the Replay menu. Here you'll see an option for recording live TV and for recording a program that has already started airing. You can also set up a schedule for recording programs in advance by selecting them from this list and pressing Select when they appear in red text at the bottom of the screen—this is useful if you want to watch something later but don't want it recorded on your DVR when you're not around (for example, if you want to watch a cable channel like HBO go live).
We hope these methods will help you record the show you want to see and save it for future viewing. Remember that you can also use a DVR box or external hard drive if you don’t want to use any of them.
Check out TCL’s TVs and find the best home theaters for your house!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube for the latest updates on our TCL products and events.