TCL North America is in search of a seasoned IT Manager to act as the primary bridge between our headquarters IT team and our North America (US & Canada) offices. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in aligning IT service strategies with the HQ, ensuring smooth policy implementation, and overseeing diverse IT projects.
This role encompasses providing technical support, managing IT assets, leading the local IT team, and safeguarding the security and integrity of our IT environments.
- Key Contact Point: Function as the primary contact between HQ IT and business units in overseas regions.
- Strategic Alignment: Align IT service strategies with headquarters to meet company objectives.
- Policy Implementation: Collaborate with HQ IT and various teams to ensure effective implementation of company policies in the region.
- Project Management: Collaborate with HQ IT project management and delivery teams to ensure the smooth implementation of projects in the overseas region.
- Technical Support: Provide level 2-3 support to resolve user and system-related issues. Manage networking cases, including VPN, DNS, AP management, firewall configuration, DHCP, ARP, network adapter configuration, physical and virtual switches, etc.
- IT Assets Management: Oversee IT assets, including the procurement of local software and hardware.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Maintain regular communication and relationships with employees, business units, and HQ IT.
- Team Leadership: Lead and manage the local IT team through training, development, and performance management.
- IT Security: Support IT security measures, covering endpoint protection, Windows updates, user administration, and adherence to the principle of least privilege.
- Systems Administration: Perform various systems administration functions, such as server build and design, server hardening, support for core systems and databases, and backup and restore testing.
- Application Support: Provide support for HQ and third-party applications.
- Security Collaboration: Collaborate with HQ security teams to maintain the security of regional IT environments.
- Ad Hoc Tasks: Handle other IT-related tasks as required by HQ IT & Business.
- Two years or more of experience directing and managing an IT department.
- Experience with technical writing and creating SOPs
- Strong team organization and management abilities, with abundant cross-team coordination skills.
- Hands-on experience on Microsoft Core Infrastructure Server & Office 365.
- Network certification and hands-on experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with an international company.