TCL is looking for a reliable, experienced logistics analyst to join our growing organization. In this position, the ideal candidate will manage all inbound international ocean shipments: data based update and maintenance, tracking, ocean audit and freight payment. This person must have an accurate and precise attention to detail in order to manage daily operations, and logistics systems. The goal is to minimize cost, ensure on time delivery, and properly flow the inbound containers to TCL warehouses.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and track all inbound containers, update inbound database, provide timely pre-alert for shipment delay.
- Manage invoice entries and track payments to service providers.
- Audit service provider invoices for issues with rate agreements.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Sales, Business Planning and Finance to effectively manage inbound container flow and freight payment.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Set KPI for warehouses receiving goals, and to manage trucker performance.
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes: inbound routing, warehouse locations, and TCL customer terms of sale.
- Participate in quarterly inventory cycle count and reconciliation.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field
- Two or more year of experience in a transportation, and or international logistics.
- Work effectively and collaboratively across departments and functions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience with data analytics and planning.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas and plans to team members and other departments and functions.
- Strong mathematic skills - ability to calculate figures such as percentages, volume, cost, time.
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Experience working in a warehouse or logistics environment preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft excel, SAP and warehouse management systems.