As part of the Human Resources team, the HR Specialist will be responsible for managing various aspects of the Human Resources function for the assigned business units across the organization. The HR Specialist will partner with multiple business unit leaders across our organization to provide strategic partnership, execute on initiatives related to the overall people and business strategies, serve as a resource to employees related to change management, professional development, compliance, and employee relations. The HR Specialist will report to TCL’s Head of Human Resources and will be required to be onsite at our Irvine location 5 days a week.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Act as a resource and trusted partner to employees by advising on processes, procedures, or providing the information needed on general employment topics.
- Interact frequently with the general employee base and keep a pulse on potential concerns and general morale.
- Execute HR strategies by educating the first-line management team and employees on new initiatives.
- Advise, address and resolve employee relations issues in conjunction with managers, including investigations.
- Support change management by communicating the how and why behind the change with a positive interface.
- Create and execute developmental or informative training; oversee compliance training.
- Work with management on organizational changes and provide feedback to HR leadership for review, approval, and execution.
- · Participate and provide feedback on strategic HR meetings to help guide the direction of important HR initiatives.
- Support the talent acquisition requests and recruiters with employer branding and candidate experience.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, executive and VIP business trips, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and inventory levels/needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to details, listening skills, influencing style and proactive solutioning is essential for success.
- Must possess a high degree of sensitivity and change management abilities to intercultural personnel and corporate dynamics.
- Experience in organizational integrations, design and change management.
- Experience managing employment related investigations to successful resolution with the help of SMEs.
- Prior track record of success in leading, motivating, and directing the activities of other employees, either directly or indirectly, in order to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with team members at all levels.
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous Human Resources related projects and programs in a changing corporate environment.
- Ability to make professional presentations and to communicate in writing, through e-mails and reports, or orally, complex matters to an audience of high technical skills and operational experience.
- Ability to convince others, including stakeholder leadership, VPs, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to resolve conflict, accept/approve plans, or project recommendations.
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of function to come to agreement by managing communications through discussions and compromise.
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to travel 10% as required.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite required, especially Excel and PowerPoint.