Job Type: Full-time
Position: Senior Technical Account Manager
Location: Bellevue, WA
About the company
TCT Mobile, Inc. (TCT) with its North American headquarters based in Irvine, California, is a wholly-owned company of TCL Corporation, a global consumer electronics brand with products currently sold in over 160 countries. With a mobile handset product portfolio that includes devices from TCL, and Alcatel.TCT is currently the fourth largest handset manufacturer in North America. The company also operates nine R&D centers worldwide and employs over 13,500 people globally. TCT is a subsidiary company of TCL Corporation, one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. Alcatel is a trademark of Alcatel-Lucent used under license by TCL Communication
About the role
The North America headquarters in beautiful Irvine California is seeking a Senior Technical Account Manager to work within the company’s CTS team to support the launch of mobile devices with our U.S. Tier 1 customers. This candidate will also work closely with our China R&D team as well as U.S.-based Sales, Marketing, and Engineering Validation teams.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Achieve timely technical acceptance of devices within North America
- Work with internal teams and customers to resolve technical issues during all phases of the project cycle, planning to post-launch; this includes leading regular calls and generating and maintaining status reports
- The main point of contact for customer questions and inquiries regarding the technical and validation process, and high propriety quality control items
- Assist and train Sales & Marketing teams on technical matters, as needed
- Act as a technical mentor to fellow team members and others
- Manage the schedule of multiple simultaneous projects and hit various milestones to achieve on-time technical approvals and launches
- Assess risk and highlight risks early to present to management and colleagues with adequate warning giving our company the best chance to mitigate those risks
- Responsible for planning, designing, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing projects
- Engaging stakeholders throughout the organization to achieve expected project results
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, and function as the main point of contact for customer escalations and day to day communications
- Adhoc projects, other duties as related to the role.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Benefits of Being with TCT
Because TCT hires the best talent, we strive to provide competitive benefits to improve their quality of life. Our comprehensive benefits program features:
- A generous PTO plan in which benefits increase with tenure
- Semi-annual bonus plan to share in company’s profitability
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Rx) coverage for you and your family starting on the first of the month following your date of hire
- A 401K plan with generous matching contributions, available after 90 days of hire
- Financial security for you and your loved ones through Life Insurance, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account plans for medical and dependent care expenses which allow you to save for your family’s needs on a pre-tax basis
- Tuition reimbursement, mobile phone reimbursement, and gym membership reimbursement to encourage work-life integration and balance.
When you join our TCL team you are not only making a decision to advance your career but you are also choosing to work for a diverse organization that drives technology and innovation. We emphasize work-life integration and balance by offering flexible schedules to our talent.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5-6 years’ experience as a TAM, Project Manager or Program Manager, in the mobile phone or consumer electronics industries preferred
- Experience supporting product strategy decisions, prioritizing product features, and processing product creation and revision
- Strong knowledge of wireless protocols, such as GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE/5GNR, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Experience working with a dynamic, global company.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with a heavy/complex database management required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and have strong attention to detail
- Must be both independent and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Possess a cooperative “can-do” attitude.
- Professional, accessible, and flexible to the changing needs of the department and region.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours in order to accomplish daily/monthly tasks.
- Capable of handling complex situations with imitative and adapts well to change.
- Excellent work ethics and reliability.