Job Type: Full-time
TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited (TCT) with its North American headquarters based in Irvine, California, is a wholly-owned company of TCL Corporation, a global consumer electronics brand with products currently sold in over 160 countries. With a mobile handset product portfolio that includes devices from TCL, Alcatel, and BlackBerry, TCT is currently the fourth largest handset manufacturer in North America. The company also operates nine R&D centers worldwide and employs over 13,500 people globally.
The North America headquarters is seeking a Senior Technology Strategy Manager to work within the company’s CTS team to support the launch of mobile devices with our U.S. Tier 1 customers. This candidate will also work closely with our China R&D team as well as the U.S.-based Sales, product team.
- Responsible for the implementation of Router/CPE/MiFi product architecture and functions, including requirement analysis, architecture design, development, debugging, and verification;
- Responsible for the estimation, and the realization of customer requirements.
- Responsible for writing design documents and problem summary documents.
- Work with internal teams and customers to analysis&resolve technical issues during all phases of the project cycle as an SME(Subject matter expert). including 4G/5G network evolution, CPE/MiFi/Mesh products solution, etc.
- Assist and train Sales & Marketing teams on technical matters, as needed
- Act as a technical mentor to fellow team members and developers
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and function as the main point of contact for IoT SMEs.
- Main point of contact for customer questions and inquiries regarding the technical and validation process, and high propriety quality control items
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- More than 5 years experience as a Program Manager or Designer, in US carriers or MBB/FWA industry.
- Experience supporting product strategy decisions, prioritizing product features, and processing product creation and revision. Proficient in CPE.MiFi, ODU product development;
- Background working with or for one or more carriers (like T-Mobile/ AT&T)
- Strong knowledge of wireless protocols and features, such as GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE/5GNR, Wi-Fi.etc
- Experience working with a dynamic, global company. Good communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with heavy/complex database management required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and have strong attention to detail
- Must be both independent and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Possess a cooperative “can-do” attitude.
- Strong executive ability, responsible, proactive, able to work independently, and have strong learning ability and understanding ability.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours in order to accomplish daily/monthly tasks.
- Capable of handling complex situations with imitative and adapts well to change.
- Excellent work ethics and reliability.