TCL North America is looking for a remarkably talented, creative, detail-oriented candidate for the Sustainability Program Manager position at the company’s headquarters in Corona, CA.
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a leading role in achieving the company’s North American environmental sustainability goals in a hands-on position. TCL is recognized throughout the industry for its sustainability efforts and is the recipient of numerous awards for its acclaimed electronics recycling program. The ideal candidate will have the dedication, experience, and enthusiasm to take the company’s program to an even higher level.
Candidates for the TCL North America Sustainability Program Manager position will have the requisite skills to manage day-to-day responsibilities for the company’s environmental sustainability matters, as well as create and develop new sustainability plans and concepts and work closely with other departments. This position will report to the Vice President of Corporate & Legal Affairs.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Managing the company’s extended producer responsibility (EPR) programs in more than twenty states and throughout North America, including meeting electronics recycling goals and overseeing relationships with state environmental agencies.
- Planning and execution of the company’s award-winning electronics recycling event program, and developing new consumer programs.
- Accurate budgeting and forecasting for annual program costs and accurately projecting future costs.
- Maintaining up-to-date electronic files for all activities including corporate registrations, annual reports, and other sustainability paperwork, and manage relationships with vendors.
- Closely managing relationships with outside sustainability organizations working with the company’s program.
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records and detailed spreadsheets of sustainability and electronics recycling activities.
- Working with various retailers to fulfill sustainability goals and objectives, including retailer program objectives.
- Representing TCL in various weekly/monthly meetings/calls with various industry committees and membership organizations.
- Monitoring and communicating important sustainability-related information to ensure compliance with new regulations, where applicable.
- Develop internal corporate sustainability concepts and plans including promotion of employee initiatives and activities.
- Responsibility for areas of the company’s websites containing sustainability information, including keeping information current and developing new ideas and concepts.
- Providing monthly comprehensive reports on Sustainability activities and information.
- Attending regular internal meetings and working within the company’s Corona, California office location.
- Sustainability or compliance experience with, or within, a corporate consumer product environment;
- Knowledge, experience, and/or familiarity with consumer electronics products, retailers, and the consumer electronics industry;
- Ability to multi-task and handle short and long-term projects as well as respond to immediate requests across departments;
- Ability to work independently, and to consistently and effectively communicate with others;
- Experience working within a corporate structure with the ability to formulate and facilitate policies and manage work across multiple departments;
- Ability to be a base of information for sustainability across the organization;
- Experience with Microsoft Office; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to write documents and e-mails with strong attention to detail.