The Vice President of Smart Home will direct a team of IoT product and technology innovators responsible for delivering products, solutions, and technology platforms from conceptualization to launch and post-launch performance. Own the development of strategies and product & technology road maps that anticipate and shape future market needs while balancing technical and business perspectives. Guides communication with the sales team to establish common strategies and goals and establish best practices. The right hire is a self-motivated team player with energy and enthusiasm towards achieving sales goals. They must enjoy working in a diverse organization and is equipped with cultural competency to communicate effectively across different cultures and across work groups.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Launch and Grow the Business – Establish TCL as a full-line supplier of IOT products while maintaining the responsibility for P&L and revenue generation. Identify and coordinate efforts toward targeting new customers and product offerings (product categories include; Refrigeration, Laundry, Home Comfort appliances [A/C and dehumidifier], Air Purifier and Robot Vacuum). Provide direction and leadership when working with other departments for potential product and business acquisitions. Deliver business leadership in terms of customer knowledge, consumer electronics and long-term market positioning. Chart new directions for the enterprise.
- Develop Sales and Marketing Strategy – Working with members of the sales and executive management team, the Vice President of Smart Home drives the creation and implementation of the company’s sales and marketing strategy to increase market share and profitability in each business segment.
- Managing Activities of the Sales Organization – Provide leadership to insure the achievement of sales revenue targets and profitability. Provide leadership to ensure world-class customer service and marketing strategy without compromising company profitability. Provide executive management detailed analysis, modeling, pricing and business maintenance and growth strategies. Coordinate communication and activities between all sales personnel toward accomplishing organizational goals. Clearly and quickly works through the complexity of key issues, problems, and opportunities to affect action.
- Team Building, Maintenance and Participation – Partners with sales team as well as other business leaders to ensure effective coordination and relationships with all disciplines of the organization.
- Develop a Sales & Marketing Vision – Understand strategic and competitive position in the market, technology, and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry. Develops a long-range course of action or set of goals to align with TCL’s vision. Integrates information from all sources to develop a well-informed, diverse perspective that can be used to optimize organizational performance. Work closely with marketing team to ensure a successful launch of the product including product reviews, PR events, etc, and post-launch customer retention and engagement using data insights.
- Proven track record leading internal and external product and technology teams.
- Understanding of firmware, DevOps, Cloud environment or cloud platforms as it relates to product development in the IOT space is beneficial.
- Strong sales background with proven track record in developing national sales strategies and building world-class sales and marketing solutions for organization in similar industries.
- Must be successful in managing effective deployment of resources, systems and personnel to enable achievement of organizational objectives.
- History of impacting positive and efficient process and system change throughout an organization
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions.
- Must have the ability to interact at all levels within customer's organization.
- Self-motivated and must welcome responsibility, challenge and decision-making.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Travel upwards 40% seasonally.