With the latest update to Android 11 on select TCL phones, there are exciting new features, great performance improvements, and a host of enhancements to help you enjoy more with your TCL phone.
Here are just a few things I’ve been using on my TCL 10 Pro after the update:
- Device controls – Now with a long-press of the power button my phone, everything I have connected to my smart home, like TCL TVs and my Google Nest Hub, can be accessed quickly from one spot.
- All my conversations – Texts, Facebook Messenger, and pretty much any place that I’m having conversations are now all in one spot. I can get folks to pop up right on my lock screen, more easily share texts and images, and even have chats displayed while using other applications in the form of “bubbles.” Staying in touch has never been easier!
- Media Controls got easier to access with just a simple swipe from the top, and can help me switch music from my TCL MOVEAUDIO True Wireless earbuds to my TV so we can all enjoy my 80’s New Wave playlist (Blister in The Sun, anyone?!).
- It’s a little thing, but I love being able to set one-time app permissions access while using the app so that it must ask for permission again later.
- The built-in screen-recorder (one of the Quick Settings tiles now) means you don’t have to rely on third parties to record you screen, and that’s one less app you will need to download.
- The native Dark Mode can now be scheduled at sunrise and sundown, or at specific times. One more way screen-time is more comfortable.
- Plus, we’ve updated the sounds to have better…well…sound, and updated some fonts for a more premium look.
Those are a few of the cool things my TCL 10 Pro got with Android 11, but of course there are still so many great things baked into our phones that make them great:
- The awesome curved AMOLED screen (which we make!) looks great, giving the phone a 93% screen-to-body ratio. The display lets me see a quick notification “glow” along the edge, even with the phone screen down.
- A quad camera system and a dual led flash means great pics, from wide-angle, to macro, to 4K video, and there’s even Super Night for incredible low-light pictures.
- Great cameras are backed by TCL’s exclusive NXTVISION processing, which gives real-time HDR video, along with remastered color, clarity, and contrast for breathtaking images.
- You can even watch your favorite supported streaming services such as Netflix, in HDR10, for unparalleled picture quality.
- I LOVE fast charge and getting 50% of my battery charged in about a half-hour. It really gives me all-day battery life! I can even charge someone else’s compatible device with reverse charging! How cool is that?!
- Our edge bar lets me get to my favorite apps in the blink of an eye by simply sliding my thumb from the right edge over. I keep all my media apps and controls there, including the built-in infrared remote control!
There is so much more that makes my TCL 10 Pro, now with Android 11, such a great travel companion. It marries premium looks, powerful performance, and amazing customization, all in one sleek device. Calling it a "phone" just doesn’t do it justice 😊.