With new developments on the state of our world happening every day, we find that it’s hard to escape the phrase “social-distancing.” While I’m all for having a weekend to myself, we’re finding ourselves missing human connection now more than ever. Kids are now temporarily home-schooled, roommates and spouses are all under the same work from home (or WFH) conditions, and pretty much every gym, restaurant, and public place is closed. To make the best of it (and a little bit easier), we’re diving into five ways to use your TCL TV while social-distancing.
Breaking A Sweat
Although gyms and fitness studios have closed across the country, thankfully, that doesn’t have to stop you from getting in a good workout. Whether you have a favorite fitspo on YouTube or love switching up your workouts, here’s a few channels you can download that are also giving some free-trial perks.
- Daily Burn (free 30-day trial; on-demand workouts including beginner yoga, high-intensity cardio and strength training)
- Beachbody On Demand (free 14-day trial; select from hundreds of strength-training, cardio, yoga, dance, mixed martial arts, and other fitness workouts that match your goals)
- CorePower Yoga On Demand (free 7-day trial; access unlimited classes in a variety of formats, lengths and styles where all levels are welcome)
Working From Home in Peace
It’s safe to say working from home isn’t the most ideal situation, so your choice in music is everything when getting in the right mindset. Playing music into the room rather than listening on headphones can help relieve some of the stress at home and alleviate some not-so-productive vibes. Here’s how you can stream.
Let’s Get Cookin’
Adults across the country are being put to the real test: whether they’re master-chefs or “I burnt the toast again” kind of cooks. If you’re the latter, then this is a great time to learn how to cook (& get tons of practice) from the pros.
- Simply Recipes (free; showing you how to make dozens of kitchen-tested, whole-food recipes that work and taste great)
- Cooking Panda (free; you’ll find original series with celebrity chefs, food & travel shows, and step-by-step cooking classes with video instruction)
- Food Network GO (free episodes but cable subscription required for premium content; from all the pros, watch your favorite shows and learn step-by-step how to make an award-winning meal)
Make it Big, Make it Work
WFH conditions are tough, especially if you don’t have all the tools (or monitors) to do your job. A simple fix for that? An HDMI cord and your computer, of course! Whether you’re hopping in a meeting and want a better view or want to maintain your office set-up with two screens, just plug an HDMI cord into any open HDMI port on your TCL TV, the other side to your computer. Then select that HDMI input and adjust the proper settings on your computer for “dual-screen capability.” Voila!
Keep the Kids Entertained
Full of energy and imagination, it’s challenging to keep the kids entertained all day and get any kind of work done, let alone have them do their own homework. But while keeping screen-time down, it’s important to make it educational and fun.
- Sesame Street GO (free; hundreds of full-length episodes, games, and educational videos that were designed to help your kids grow)
- BabyFirst (free; award winning global TV channel for babies, preschoolers, and parents who love to watch their baby learn)
- PBS KIDS (free; hundreds of shows with new episodes weekly where kids can watch all of their favorite PBS KIDS shows any time of day)
Taking turns with the family watching your TCL TV? Stay busy and creative with our print-friendly TCL Coloring Pages! Make sure to tag your final designs with #EnjoyTCL.
Home is Where the 8-Series Is Hiking Through QLED Dogs of TCL Quantum Colors