(I know, there’s Sojourner too, but that didn’t lend itself to this metaphor)
To start with a personal note, if you had any idea the amount of work, energy, and talent it takes to put a booth together at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), you would be gobsmacked! It’s amazing how it all seems to come together at become ready for showtime!
CES represented one of the first major in-person events in the past 2 years. At TCL we were proud to be part of it and were impressed with all of the protocols put in place to ensure that everyone could safely see all the latest amazing technology!
Trying to determine what I was most excited about at our booth this year proved challenging, so I decided to go retro and give it a David Letterman Top 10 list style. In no particular order:
10) The preview of what will be our 4th Generation Mini-LED technology was a showstopper! At 3.9mm thin, attendees seemed to have trouble processing that such a thin form factor incorporated tens of thousands on micrometer class Mini-LEDs and thousands of Contrast Control Zones.
9) A laser-using, map-making robot vacuum? Seriously? SO many people were enthralled with the efficiency of our Sweeva line, it will be great to see these guys keeping homes clean soon.
8) The whole idea that today…today!...you can control your TCL TVs and smart home appliances with either your voice thanks to Hey Google and Alexa support, your phone with apps like TCL or Google Home, or even use your TV remote to check your air quality or to suck up the dirt the dog just tracked in. The idea we have always talked about of a truly integrated smart home is here, right now!
7) Seeing the big brains of TCL engineers use their talent to develop an air conditioner that requires roughly zero tools to install shows how we’re always thinking about how we’re bringing joy and simplicity to our users.
6) Is there anything cooler than a TV that’s seven feet wide?! The newest member of our XL Collection is 98-inches of wall-devouring awesomeness that also happens to include QLED color, all the latest gaming features, and built-in Google Assistant.
5) 5G for everyone was really showcased with our ever-expanding suite of 5G capable phones and tablets. Enjoying your personal screen, whether it’s for you or your family, has never been easier.
4) The future of clothing care was showcased with an example of our new all-in-one washer dryer combo. A super convenient top-load washer paired with a great one-drum solution will be super convenient and change the way we do laundry forever.
3) Our 3rd Generation of Mini-LED backlight, OD Zero, always had a crowd around it. That’s because attendees knew when TCL launches a new Mini-LED product, it will impact the industry. The new X9 featuring OD Zero, marries amazing picture quality, breathtaking surround sound, and a design that will stand out in any room.
2) If, as a famous director once said, sound is half of the moviegoing experience, then TCL’s new sound bars will live up to those expectations! Now with Dolby Atmos, 7.1.4 channel audio, and Master Sound Calibration, TCL’s Alto sound bars will fill any room with theater-quality sound.
1) OK…this one really is number one! My favorite thing about CES this year is seeing the evolution of how people see TCL. Just a few short years ago, we launched our first high performance TV with Dolby Vision. Not only did that TV, our legendary P6-Series, exceed everyone’s expectations, it set the tone for TCL’s Powerful Performance TVs to come! And now, people also see all the joy and simplicity we have delivered for our users these past few years. Whether it’s the latest amazing TV, incredible sound bar, super achievable premium mobile devices, the latest in our ever-growing selection of home appliances, or even our crazy-cool AR and VR smart glasses, people aren’t surprised anymore, they are eager for us to bring it!
So, if we use our Curiosity, show Perseverance, and seek out every Opportunity, the Spirit of TCL will shine even brighter in 2022!