How to Safely Mount a TV on a Wall
Now that you’ve bought one of TCL’s 2019 range of TVs, perhaps the Series X 65 inch or the Series C 55 inch, have you thought about how you’re going to mount it on the wall?
Wall brackets are typically not included with TCL TVs so we’ll cover the different types of mounts and the pros and cons of each.
Why Should I Mount My TV?
Every TCL TV has the option of being able to be mounted on a wall. But what are the benefits of doing this?
The main reason is to free up more space in the room. A wall mounted TCL TV takes up less space than a table or stand and because they’re so thin they can be secured extremely close to the wall. They certainly make the room feel less cluttered and give it a modern finish.
Keeping cables and cords tucked behind the wall also makes a wall mounted TCL TV less of a trip hazard.
What bracket should I get?
When considering what bracket to buy to mount your TCL TV you have three options to choose from: fixed, tilt and full-motion. Let’s go through each of these and look at the pros and cons.
Fixed TV Wall Bracket
The fixed TV wall bracket is the most low-profile bracket and places the TV pretty much flush against the wall, like hanging a piece of art. Something like the Good Guys’ Ezymount Fixed TV Wall Bracket can hold TVs up to 80 inches wide, so it’s perfect for the Series C 75 inch.
- Easy to install
- Can be cheaper
- Can be a focal point for the room
- Screen isn’t movable once mounted
- Can make cable access difficult
Tilt TV Wall Bracket
This type of bracket allows you to tilt the TV up or down. Being able to tilt the TV can give a better picture, especially if the TV is placed higher up. The Good Guys offer the Linden Tilt TV Wall Bracket which holds TVs up to 90 inches wide, perfect for the Series P 85 inch.
- The angle of the TV can be adjusted for better viewing
- Ideal if you have to install the TV higher due to shelving or fireplace
- Easier cable installation
- Doesn’t sit flush against the wall
- Can be slightly more expensive than a fixed bracket
- Doesn’t have added flexibility of full-motion bracket
Full-Motion TV Wall Bracket
This type of bracket has an arm which allows you to extend the TV out into the room and turn it to either side, as well as tilt. The Linden Full Motion TV Wall Bracket for TVs up to 47 inches wide, allows you to view from different areas in the room. This one is ideal for a Series S 43 inch.
- Can be positioned at any viewing angle
- Useful if you vary your seating position
- Can be pushed back flush against the wall
- Good for awkward spots like corners
- Not suitable for larger TVs
- Can put extra strain and weight on anchor points in the wall
- The bulkiest and the trickiest to install
Ready to Wall Mount Your TV?
Here’s a video showing the step-by-step process of how to wall mount a TV:
However, if you truly don’t feel confident with this type of DIY project, don’t stress. Call up a professional to do the job for you.
That way there’s less chance of your TV hanging at a weird angle, not working or being broken because it wasn’t mounted properly. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy your favourite shows on your new wall-mounted TCL TV.