Google Assistant is a powerful tool that can be used to set reminders, control smart home devices, and more. With Google Assistant on your TV, you can enjoy hands-free voice control of your TV and other connected devices. In this guide, we'll show you four different ways to set up Google Assistant on your TV using Amazon Fire Stick, the "Hey Google" feature, Android TV, and Roku.
The Google Assistant app is a must-have for Amazon Fire Stick users. The app allows you to control your device with voice commands and perform numerous tasks, you can use Google Assistant on your Fire Stick by following these steps:
1. Connect your Fire Stick to your TV. (If you are considering getting a new one, check out TCL’s Google TV!)
2. Go to the Amazon App Store and search for “Google Assistant”.
3. Install the app on your device (the process will take a few minutes).
4. Open the app, then follow the instructions on how to set it up with OK Google commands (you will need to say ‘OK Google’ three times before it starts working).
Once you have installed the Google Assistant app on your Fire Stick, you can use it to do a variety of things. You can ask it to play movies or TV shows, make video calls, set reminders, get directions from Google Maps, and more.
Did you know that you can set up Google Assistant on a TV with built-in Google Assistant by using Voice Match on your phone or watch and just saying "Hey Google" to communicate with Google Assistant?
1. Simply go into the Google Assistant app and open it.
2. Make sure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
3. Next, if Google Assistant is off, you’ll get the option to turn it on at the bottom. Tap Turn on.
4. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Assistant app Assistant.
5. Tap the Voice model and then Retrain the voice model.
6. Follow the steps to record your voice.
Even when your phone is locked, you can use your voice to communicate with Google Assistant on Android devices running Android 5.0 and higher. Learn how to manage the information that you see and hear.
1. Open the Google Assistant app on your Android phone or tablet and say, "Assistant settings."
2. Select Voice Match from the "Popular settings" menu.
3. Activate Hey Google.
1. Tap your watch's screen to wake it up if it's dim.
2. Swipe down from the top of the watch's screen.
3. Click Settings, followed by Personalization.
4. Enable "Hey Google" recognition.
Note: iPhones and iPads do not support Voice Match.
Once your smart device is connected to your TV, you'll see a prompt that says "Start Voice Match." Tap on this and say "OK Google" three times. This will ensure that the device can recognize your voice when you use it in the future.
You can use your voice with your TV after you've finished these steps. Simply say "OK Google" and then the command or question you wish to be answered.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish are the languages that Google Assistant is accessible in on Android TVs now. More languages are coming soon.
TCL has a wide line of built-in Google Assistant, below are some options:
To set up Google Assistant on your TV using TV Mode, follow the steps below:
1. Use your phone to turn on TV mode.
2. Turn on your TV and select the input you want to use.
3. Select OK Google and follow any prompts that appear in order to begin setup.
Once you’ve connected your Google Home to your TV, you can use a variety of commands to control it. You can ask your Assistant to play music, show you what’s on TV, and more. Here are some common ways to use Google Home with your TV:
“Ok Google, play Stranger Things on Netflix.” “Ok Google, play music.”
TCL Roku is a popular easy-to-use streaming device that allows you to watch your favorite shows and movies. Roku has a feature called "Voice Remote," which allows you to talk to Google Assistant on your TV to search across thousands of channels instantly using your voice.
You must connect your TCL Roku TV account to your Google account via the Google Home mobile app on your iOS or Android device before you can use Google Assistant to search and operate your Roku TV. Here are the detailed directions:
1. Open the Google Home app for smartphones.
2. Tap Add (+) in the top left corner.
3. Click Device Setup.
4. Select Roku from the list under Works with Google Search.
5. Sign into your Roku account when prompted.
6. then keep following the instructions on the screen.
Select “Customize Voice Search” from the Voice Control menu. You will see a list of languages and countries in which you can set up Google Assistant. Select any language that you want to use. Then the whole setup process is over and you can enjoy the convenience of Google Assistant.
Setting up OK Google on Your TV is not a difficult process. The voice assistant can be used to control your TV and other devices, so if you have an existing Amazon Fire Stick or Roku device, you can use it to help set up your OK Google voice assistant. So far, we have seen how to set up Google Assistant on your TV and the various ways through which you can do it. Even if your device does not support this feature yet, don’t worry as there are other ways too! You can still use Google Assistant by activating it on your smartphone or tablet instead! Check TCL official website to learn more now!