If you own a smart TV, you're probably already aware of the many benefits it offers. For example, it can stream content from Netflix, Hulu, and other services directly to your screen. It also comes with apps that make it easy to use these streaming services without having to download them on your mobile phone first. However, if you want access to other types of content — like games or e-books — then you'll need to take a few extra steps before downloading them onto your screen. Fortunately, this process isn't difficult at all!
Understanding Smart TV app stores
There are many different app stores on smart TVs, each with its own unique features and limitations. You should be aware of the following when considering which one to use:
Some apps work on some smart TVs but not others. It's important to check if an app you want is compatible with your device before downloading it.
Some apps are only available in certain regions (for example, Netflix has different content depending on where you live).
Also read: 5 Cool Things You Can Do with A TCL Google TV
How to Download Apps on TCL Android/ Google TV?
If your TCL TV runs an Android/Google system, it's easy because you can get your favorite apps or games from the GooglePlay Store.
- From the TCL Android TV home screen, navigate to Apps.
- Click Get more apps, open GooglePlay.
- Browse or search for apps and games in the GooglePlay Store.
- Select the app you want, and click Download and Install it.
- After the app is successfully downloaded, it will appear on your screen.
Check out TCL's official website for Mini LED TVs, Roku TVs, and Google TVs. Discover our wide selection of TVs in sizes ranging from 32" to 98" as well as in 4K UHD and 4K QLED. We offer a variety of features like Google Assistant, Dolby Vision, and Android TV to help you get the most enjoyment out of your home entertainment system. And you can place order directly on our TCL official store.
How to Download Apps on TCL Roku TV?
If your TCL TV runs on Roku, you can add your favorite channels on your TCL Roku TV from the TV Store or Streaming Channels depending on your model.
- From the TCL Roku TV home screen, scroll to TV Store or Streaming Channels.
- Browse or search for apps and games.
- Select the apps you want to add to your TCL Roku TV.
- The app you added will appear on your TCL home screen.
- Since Roku accounts are shared, you can also add apps to your TCL Roku TV on the web or in the Roku app on your smart mobile device.
Read more: How TCL Smart TVs Will Enhance Your Life?
Tips for optimizing app performance on TCL Smart TVs
- Remove the cache and app data. It's likely that you've used up all of your TV's storage space or that some apps are to blame if your TV has since slowed down.
- Delete any apps that are no longer in use. You should delete any apps that are merely taking up space and aren't being used if deleting the data and cache didn't help. The best way to make room on your TV is to use this.
- Use a connection with more bandwidth. As Android TV depends on the internet, it is important to have a strong internet connection to avoid performance lags on the TV. Thus, if it's possible, connect your TV to the 5GHz band because it delivers faster performance. Ensure that the WiFi router is situated relatively close to the TV.
- Close apps. The software continues to operate in the background and uses resources from the TV when you go directly to the home screen, which slows down the TV's performance. As a result, it is recommended that you always use the back button rather than the home button to close apps.
Looking for a new TV? We have every TV your heart desires. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly smart TV or the latest TV with 32" to 98" screen sizes, we have them all at a very affordable price.
Recommended apps for TCL Smart TVs
Here are some of the best apps for TCL Smart TVs:
- Amazon Prime Video
- HBO Now
- Discovery Go
- Crackle (a free streaming service that offers a lot of old movies and TV shows)
- Hulu Plus
- Vudu (free movies, TV shows, and music)
- PBS Kids - This app allows you to watch videos from PBS Kids' website on your TV screen!
Related: 7 Premium Features You'll Love When You Have A TCL Android TV
We hope this article helped you understand how to download apps on TCL Smart TVs. If there are any other questions you might have, feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin & YouTube for the latest updates on our TCL products and events.